Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Budget Month - Day 2


As promised in yesterday's post, I went out today with friends and actually thought I managed well! My date was kind enough to have read my blog and was very understanding about me trying to save money, which really helped. The chivalrous bastard in me really wanted to pay for my date, but hey, money isn't the only thing I got (and let's face it, I ain't got that no more, so I gotta depend on my personality - damn.).

According to my budget, I spent $438.50 today. Stop looking at me like that. $360 of it was my rent. What did you think I did? Buy shoes? $5 was parking and another amount was a gift (like I'd tell you how much that was). I think I did well for going to a place that looked like, well, above. I should let it be noted I spent nearly SIX HOURS at this place. So ha. For my money, it was a good deal.

Of course, I also had an amazing time. How else can you have an amazing time for six hours barely spending over ten dollars an hour unless you have excellent company? Which I did. I got to spend time with people I hardly spend time with (and people I'd like to spend more time with) talking of ghosts and life experiences and how it feels to freefall and sex and drugs and jazz (as opposed to rock and roll).

Now - to tackle more of my fruit and veg box. Let's work on the zucchini, shall we? I hate zucchini. Okay - actually I don't. I do. I don't. I can leave it, I guess. It's too, well, chini, for me. Needs less chini and more zuc. No, I have no idea what I'm on about either. All I know is zucchinis are those vegetables that make life difficult for me. I always end up giving them to the chickens.

Ba da bing! Not only do I always keep homemade pizza dough on hand (yes, everything) but I get to use 4 more tomatoes AND the capsicum. Plus I already have homemade sauce in the freezer (everything) - so this should be a nice quick easy thing to make up after a long day out with the girls.

Although I should mention right now one of the gifts I bought today was a capsicum for a beautiful lady's guinea pig. Problem is the shop I stopped at only sold capsicum by the bag. I somehow managed to get another 5 capsicum.

I still don't have that damn onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment