Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Score!!

I was so upset (no, not really) last night when I did all the laundry in the house and discovered that, if I was currently wearing a shirt, I had exactly the number of hangers to hangable clothing in my closet and thus, could no longer purchase clothing.

Well my husband wouldn't have it! He proceeded to empty his hangers that matched mine (I must have matching hangers on my side of the closet for some reason) and put his on mismatching ones so I would be able to have six new pieces of hangable clothing. Haha and people wonder why I love him.

Anyway I decided to go to the shops today to put money in the bank and I went by this small clothing place I keep eyeing. It's had this gorgeous ruffled chocolate brown skirt in the window for weeks. I noticed it was on the 'under $50' rack today and well... it was well under that! $20 to be exact. Not content with just that, I managed to find a lacey top and undershirt for a futher $20. So this entire outfit cost me $40:



Modest yet kinda sexy. I like it. I plan on wearing my gorgeous Roberto Cavalli ankle boots with it and some black leggings. When winter comes I'll throw a thick trench over it all and it'll be gorgeous. I love winter. Winter makes it so I can wear the best outfits. And yes, I am aware that I am a woman who owns both chickens and Roberto Cavalli heels. It's why I changed the tagline of my blog to 'From Gucci to Geese' on here. Ha.

You can take the girl out of the city...

Today has been an amazing day. I woke up to an email from my current favourite chef, Matthew Evans, the house is practically spotless, I've nearly finished melting all my beeswax down into managable shells, I redid the budget yesterday and was pleasantly surprised and then I scored this lovely outfit for forty bucks.

Now I sit here listening to my favourite Jenny Owens Young songs, sipping on an espresso I got from The Mount Tamboring Coffee Plantation and just plainly enjoying the day.

Oh, and I got three eggs from Fanny Cradock this week. She just started laying and she hasn't stopped once, unlike Julia Child. I'm now very fond of her. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. The hen with the mean chef's name is laying eggs more than the other one HAHAHAHA!! Is she doing to spite you? :-D

    You've got a typo sexy: TAMBORINE not Tamboring :-)

    Question: You going to enter Masterchef next year? Please :-)

    ReplyDelete